Our Natural Standard
Natural appears to be a simple concept and shouldn’t require a definition. In today’s world of cosmetics we are faced with an abundance of information on the meaning of “natural”. At Pure Creations our approach is to apply our natural standard to our entire system. We have adopted these natural standards:
- Our ingredients are derived from plants harvested in their untreated state.
- The ingredients are extracted without using harsh chemical processes (ie. techniques using genetic engineering, bleaching, etc).
- Our products are formulated with at least 50% Certified Organic Ingredients.
- We use no parabens, petroleum, mineral oils, sulfates or detergent, filler, DEA, artificial colors or fragrances.
- We source fair trade ingredients and when possible we source locally in Canada.
- We do not test any products on animals.
- Each and every recipe is crafted in small batches to maintain integrity and freshness.
- We make our products using gentle methods to preserve their natural effectiveness.
- Our philosophy and our commitment is to produce ingredients for our skin care products using Canadian raw materials and applying physical operations such as extraction with solvents from natural origin, adsorption and filtration on inert support, distillation and evaporation, which preserve the natural ingredient composition.
- We ensure that none of our processes include bleaching, deodorisation, irradiation, sulphonation, treatment using mercury, use of ethylene oxide or use of formaldehyde.
- Recyclability is about ease and convenience. All of our packaging is 100% recyclable. Our jars and serum bottles are made out of glass and our cleansers and toner bottles are recyclable plastic.